Thursday, December 5, 2019Race to terraform the Red Planet!Asmodee Digital, a leader in video game entertainment inspired by board games, is proud to announce that Terraforming Mars is now available for mobile & tablet on the App Store (9,99 € / $8.99) and Google Play (8,99 € / $8.99).
The full premium experience from the previously released Steam (PC) version, including all content and features such as the draft variant, is now finally available on mobile. Developed with the help of Jacob Fryxelius, designer of the original board game, Terraforming Mars on mobile delivers all the fun and deep strategic dilemmas the original board game is acclaimed for. This new version leverages a UI specially designed for an optimal mobile touch-based experience.
The Launch Trailer (available for download here), showcases how players can create life on Mars by launching ambitious projects such as titanium mines, animal farming, or human colonization, while competing with one another.
A strategy board game masterpiece designed by Jacob Fryxelius and illustrated by Isaac Fryxelius, Terraforming Mars has received more than 20 awards since its release in 2016. It is currently the third-highest ranked board game on BoardGameGeek.
In the 2400s, mankind begins to terraform the planet Mars. Giant corporations, sponsored by the World Government on Earth, compete to transform Mars into a habitable planet by spending vast resources and using innovative technology to raise its temperature, create a breathable atmosphere and oceans of water. In Terraforming Mars, you play one of those corporations, with different profiles based on their specializations (media, heavy industry, finance, biotech or energy). You work together with other corporations in the terraforming process, while competing to get victory points that are awarded not only for your contribution to terraforming, but also for advancing human infrastructure throughout the solar system.
Your basic income, as well as your score, is based on your Terraform Rating, which increases every time you raise one of the three global parameters (temperature, oxygen, ocean). When the three global parameters have all reached their goal, you have finished terraforming and the game ends. However, your income is also complemented by your production and you also get victory points from many other sources. These, used in combination with the Terraform Rating, determine the winning corporation.
As terraforming progresses, more and more people will immigrate from Earth to live on the Red Planet. Play project cards, build up production, place your cities and green areas on the map, and race for milestones and awards! Will your corporation lead the way into humanity’s new era?
• Turn-based strategy: Choose a specialized corporation, build facilities, research innovative technologies and manage your resources productions
• Life on Mars: Improve the conditions on the Red Planet by warming it up to melt the ice and create oceans, planting oxygen-producing flora and introducing both small and big animals.
• Corporation rivalry: It’s a nice forest you’ve planted there - wouldn’t it be a shame if a large asteroid was steered to crash right on it? Develop Projects that will slow down your opponents!
• Mars for all: Play solo with AI opponents or with up to 5 human players in online multiplayer games. Multiplayer supports cross-play for all platforms, including PC (Steam).
• Game variant: Try the Corporate Era rules, for a more complex game. This variant adds new cards, including 2 new corporations, and focuses on economics and technology. These are projects that do not contribute directly to terraforming, but offer new options for corporations, adding new strategic choices to the game.
• Solo Challenge: Finish terraforming the Red Planet before the end of generation 14. Try new rules and features in the most challenging solo mode on the Red planet.
• Draft variant available: Add a new level of strategy and depth by choosing your best cards and blocking your opponents. During the Research Phase, start by drawing 4 cards, choose one and pass the others to the next player. Continue to choose a card and pass the rest on until all cards drawn have been drafted. Which card will you choose? Will you block your opponent from getting a card, or choose one that fits your strategy best?
Terraforming Mars is now available on the App Store (9,99 € / $8.99) and Google Play (8,99 € / $8.99). Mobile versions require either iOS 10 and above or Android 6.0 and above.